Friday 21 July 2017

How To Avoid Overpacking


I will be in Australia next week and one thing I despise more than long haul flights is panicking about the weight of my suitcase being too much. While I'm usually light on the clothes, it's shoes, makeup and everything else that tends to weigh me down. Here are some tips I have found helpful while packing that prevent me from bringing too much with me.

W H A T  Y O U  N E E D
Think about the essentials. What do you need? Where are you going? Your phone? Clean underwear? Shoes? What is a must. Write a list and start with the essentials, things you cannot compromise. Work everything else around this. You don't need to bring 6 pairs of shoes for a week away, but you may need 1 or 2.

R O L L  N O T  F O L D
My mum has always rolled clothes in suitcases. It saves so much space and is such an efficient way to pack, especially if you only have carry on luggage. 

P A C K I N G  C U B E S
Invest in some packing cubes. They are such a great invention. It allows you to categorise your clothing and know where everything is, as well as being space efficient. 

T O I L E T R I E S
What can you buy over there? Toiletries are always the biggest thing which weighs down my luggage. Huge bottles of shampoos and conditioners, hair oils, moisturisers, deodorants, you name it. How long are you going away for? I'm going to be in Australia for 4 weeks so theres no point in me bringing back loads of weight over when I can get it all there. What I like to do is buy all the essentials over there, but anything that I can't get or is expensive (such as moisturiser and my skincare) I put into the clear reusable containers. That way they're light, smaller and more convenient for me. 

P A C K  O U T F I T S
Don't just throw in random items of clothing in. Pack outfits. Think about what you would wear and pack that. Think about shoes too. I usually decide how many pairs of shoes I want to bring (usually 2 or 3) and base my outfits around that. 

O R G A N I S A T I O N
This one isn't really an overpacking tip but more of an organisation one! Staying organised and knowing what you have & where it is will make your life so much easier. Like packing cubes, there are so many different types of organisers out there created to make things a little bit more easier for you, such as a travel wallet. Investing in a travel wallet was probably the best thing I ever did. I can keep my passports, tickets, money, and anything else I could ever need all in one place.

These are just some of my tips to prevent overpacking, hope they helped!



                                                                  ♡





1 comment :

  1. Wow nice post for travel enthusiast. Another travel tip is avoid long wait in all over the UK Airports by using off-site area parking. In this ways, you can get cheap airport parking and also enjoy meet and greet at Manchester.

    ReplyDelete